Monday, April 16, 2018

My Heart Isn't Coming Home

Hey y'all!!

My time is running short and  while my body will be coming home in a short 9 days my heart will be staying here. Just thought I would warn y'all!  (:   There has been such a range of emotions the last little bit. There is no possible way to describe it.

We taught Kacey the word of wisdom on Monday night and she was weary about coffee because she really loves it but was more than willing to give it up for the gospel!! She has been seeing miracles! She hasn't had a cup since and she hasn't even had caffeine headaches!! She is amazing!! She is so pumped for her baptism! Her grandpa (in-law) is flying in to baptize her. The baptism will be on April 28th so it is only 3 days after I leave and it hurts my heart so much!!! We are thinking about figuring out a way that I could come back when she goes to the temple for baptisms. I will miss her sooooo much!!

Monday night I also taught Jesus about the Book of Mormon (solo espanol) and 2 of his roommates also came out to listen. That isn't intimidating at all! So it was me against 3 Hispanic men from all different countries (so all different accents). It was good though. I wasn't sure what exactly they were interested in at first....#sistermissionaryproblems But JR read the Book of Mormon! Dios said he did but I'm not too sure about it. Jesus didn't but he seems the most sincere out of all of them. Jesus even texted us saying we should talk to Eddy, one of their other roommates! So we taught Jesus, Eddy, and JR yesterday with Juan (a member). It was intense and I didn't catch a lot of the conversation but Juan was able to take control and I just testified! I'm not really sure what they will do once I go home because I am taking most of the Spanish sisters with me haha! Hopefully Juan is ready to be a missionary again!

Tuesday we saw Sister Hatcher in Clarendon for the last time :(
We also taught Jaide again on Tuesday!! She is my absolute favorite!!!! She is the sweetest human ever!! Tuesday we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and used sin pins on Brother Jaussi (don't have time to explain that now but ask me when I'm home (:  ) It was great! Repentance is amazing!! We also taught her over the phone last night and it was AMAZING!!! We taught her about prayer and scripture study and she got excited and asked if she could share an experience she had earlier in the day with prayer to which we of course said, "YES!!". Jaide is only 17 but she has been struggling with a smoking addiction. She said she is not proud of it and she is trying to quit. She hasn't smoked for 2 weeks (right when we met her! Coincidence....I think not!!). We haven't even mentioned the word of wisdom to her yet! She said that earlier that day she was in the car praying for help and strength. I don't think anyone else knows that she is going through this :( She said she just got an overwhelming answer and that the thought of a cigarette now sounds like the most disgusting thing ever. Jaide is amazing and she holds my heart!! We talked about baptism again and mentioned that we could move the date back, or forward and she freaked out! "FORWARD!! Y'all have been holding out on me!!" She is so cute! The earliest we could move it to is probably May 13th but she is sooooo excited! She said she was dancing and jumping up and down in her room! haha! We were too!!!! I seriously don't know how to describe those feelings! She thought that we would think of her differently after we knew about her struggles but of course we didn't and that meant so much to her!!

Savannah is still doing great!

On Saturday night we got permission to go to a play, "Relative Strangers", that Sister Jaussi, one of our members, was in and invited us to as a way to get seen by the people in Memphis! It was really good! We got to talk to lots of people from the first baptist church in Memphis and we got to talk to the members less active son so it was great!

Sunday we finally got in contact with Jessica. It was really sad! She is still interested in meeting but is just having an extremely hard time right now. She has been battling with depression and a bunch of family problems so her progress has declined but she is still here!

Anyways, that's all I can remember for now! I love y'all! I love my Texans! Have a great week!!
READ AND PRAY EVERYDAY!!!
Hermana Peterson












No comments:

Post a Comment